Join the Connecticut Arts Alliance in an important 48-hour advocacy push on June 5 and 6 in support of continued State arts funding. Please do what you can to take part, and please share this with other friends and supporters of the arts, encouraging them to participate too. Easy-to-follow instructions and a unified message appear below.
The budget process is no small challenge, but we cannot keep quiet for fear of very real damage to the arts sector in Connecticut.
CALL TO ACTION:
Please help the voice of the arts be heard by getting the message below to both the State’s Administration and the Legislature.
Please take this specific action during the 48 HOURS of June 5 & 6, 2017.
For your convenience, a list of legislative and administrative leaders appears at the bottom of this message, along with their contact information.
PLEASE GET THIS MESSAGE TO STATE GOVERNMENT LEADERS:
CT Arts Matter!
- The CT FY18 & FY19 budgets MUST INCLUDE funding for the ARTS COMMISSION (the Connecticut Office of the Arts).
Without this funding, Connecticut will:
- lose valued Federal Matching Funds
- lose much needed state revenue
We ask that you:
- Fund the State “Arts Commission” line (Connecticut Office of the Arts) which leverages vital Federal NEA (National Endowment for the Arts) matching funds.
- Support maintaining total arts funding of $5,183,087 (less than 0.02% of the proposed budget)
And keep in mind:
- For every State dollar invested in the Arts, $7 in state revenue is generated. The arts are good for Connecticut’s economy!
- The arts sector employed over 57,000 people in the arts and cultural industries in 2014, which represented 3.4% of all employment in the state. The arts industry led utilities and transportation in both compensation and employment.
Thank you for your consideration!
PLEASE EMAIL OR CALL 4 OR MORE OF THOSE LISTED BELOW:
AND LEGISLATIVE LEADERSHIP
Sen. Len Fasano Len.Fasano@cga.ct.gov 860-240-8871
Sen. Martin Looney Looney@senatedems.ct.gov 860-240-0375
Sen. Paul Formica email@example.com 860-240-8371
Sen. Cathy Osten Catherine.Osten@cga.ct.gov 860-240-0579
Rep. Toni Walker firstname.lastname@example.org 860-240-8585
Sen. Joan Hartley email@example.com 860-240-0006
Sen. Craig Miner Craig.Miner@cga.ct.gov 860-240-8816
Rep. Henry Genga firstname.lastname@example.org 860-240-8585
Rep. Ezequiel Santiago email@example.com 860-240-8585
Rep. Chris Soto Chris.Soto@cga.ct.gov 860-240-8585
Rep. Melissa Ziobron Melissa.Ziobron@housegop.ct.gov 860-240-8700