48-Hour Advocacy Push to Save the State Arts Budget!
Join the Connecticut Arts Alliance in an importantÂ 48-hour advocacy push on June 5 and 6 in support of continued State arts funding.Â Please do what you can to take part, and please share this with other friends and supporters of the arts, encouraging them to participate too. Easy-to-follow instructions and a unified message appear below.
The budget process is no small challenge, but we cannot keep quiet for fear of very real damage to the arts sector in Connecticut.
CALL TO ACTION:
Please help the voice of the arts be heard by getting the message below to both the State’s Administration and the Legislature.
Please take this specific action during the 48 HOURS of June 5 & 6, 2017.
For your convenience, a list of legislative and administrative leaders appears at the bottom of this message, along with their contact information.
PLEASE GET THIS MESSAGE TO STATE GOVERNMENT LEADERS:
CT Arts Matter!
- The CT FY18 & FY19 budgets MUST INCLUDE funding for the ARTS COMMISSION (the Connecticut Office of the Arts).
Without this funding, Connecticut will:
- lose valued Federal Matching Funds
- lose much needed state revenue
We ask that you:
- Fund the State â€œArts Commissionâ€ line (Connecticut Office of the Arts) which leverages vital Federal NEA (National Endowment for the Arts) matching funds.
- Support maintaining total arts funding of $5,183,087 (less than 0.02% of the proposed budget)
And keep in mind:
- For every State dollar invested in the Arts, $7 in state revenue is generated. The arts are good for Connecticutâ€™s economy!
- The arts sector employed over 57,000 people in the arts and cultural industries in 2014, which represented 3.4% of all employment in the state.Â The arts industry led utilities and transportation in both compensation and employment.
Thank you for your consideration!
PLEASE EMAIL OR CALL 4 OR MORE OF THOSE LISTED BELOW:
AND LEGISLATIVE LEADERSHIP
Sen. Len FasanoÂ Â Len.Fasano@cga.ct.gov Â Â 860-240-8871
Sen. Martin Looney Â Â Looney@senatedems.ct.govÂ Â 860-240-0375
Sen. Paul FormicaÂ Â firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ Â 860-240-8371
Sen. Cathy OstenÂ Â Catherine.Osten@cga.ct.govÂ Â 860-240-0579
Rep. Toni WalkerÂ Â email@example.comÂ Â 860-240-8585
Sen. Joan HartleyÂ Â firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ Â 860-240-0006
Sen. Craig MinerÂ Â Craig.Miner@cga.ct.govÂ Â 860-240-8816
Rep. Henry GengaÂ Â Â email@example.comÂ Â 860-240-8585
Rep. Ezequiel SantiagoÂ Â Â firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ Â 860-240-8585
Rep. Chris SotoÂ Â Chris.Soto@cga.ct.govÂ Â Â 860-240-8585
Rep. Melissa Ziobron Â Â Melissa.Ziobron@housegop.ct.govÂ Â 860-240-8700